Freelance Print & Digital Graphic Design | Social Media and Content Marketing | Website Design and Development | 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Digital Design Services
by Hayley Creasey at Hays Den
Marketing is a very important part of running a business. The biggest shift in marketing over the last decade has been the shift to digital. Digital marketing can be defined as any type of marketing that uses digital technology to reach an audience. This includes social media, email, SEO, and more. In this article, we will look at some specific examples of applying digital design principles to your marketing strategy.
What is Digital Design?
Digital design is design that is created with the use of digital technology, software, and electronics. The realism in its final presentation is often enhanced by the use of computer graphics, animation, or video.
Why is it Important for Marketing?
Digital design is an important part of a company's marketing strategy. A good looking website will do wonders for a business. Much of what consumers seek is visual and intuitive, which means that a strong focus on aesthetics is key to successful marketing. Websites that are not appealing to the eye will lose customers faster than those which are.
When starting a business, many startups focus on the services or products they will be selling. This should not be the only area of focus, however. Marketing is just as important. The reason being that many startups are new to the marketplace. As a result of this, they have no brand recognition which will prevent them from being able to sell their products or services. This is where digital marketing becomes important. It allows startups to build a brand by reaching out to people through many different channels. Some of these channels include social media, blogs and websites like Google or Yahoo!
Digital marketing is not exclusive to startups. It is also important for large companies as well as small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). If your company is ready to make the most of its digital marketing we can help you build your brand or even improve your front-end operations or visual identity. We will help you increase your sales by developing communication strategies that are right for your company.
What I can design for you...
There are many different formats and sizes that may be required for your digital marketing campaign. Don't worry, I have you covered. I use the latest Adobe CC software plus online marketing tools to design and convert your digital artwork to specification. including;
• Social Media Cover Photos
• Social Media Post Design
• Sponsored Adverts
• Google Display Banners (PPC)
• Website Banners
• Blog Banners
• Digital Press Advertising
• Video Edits and Giff Animation
• Email Marketing Design
And so much more! You name it, I've probably done it at least once in the last 15 years or so!
Types of Digital Designs
There are several types of digital designs, each with their own purpose.
1. Motion design is used to emphasise movement and incorporate animation and is often used in video marketing and pay per click (PPC).
2. Data visualisation is a type of design that creates graphs, charts, and maps to show information. These can be embedded on your website or posted on your social media channels.
3. Interface design is about the appearance of how things work on a device or website.
4. Web design is all about how to make sites pleasing to the user's eye.
5. User experience design focuses on how to make sure users are happy with what they are experiencing when using a digital product or service while interface design focuses on the appearance of the product or service in use by the person.
Examples of How to Apply Digital Design Principles to Marketing
Digital design principles are important for marketing success. They are the foundation of any good website, app, or other digital product. To apply them to your marketing, focus on usability. Create minimal designs that function well with mobile devices.
Here are some examples of how to apply digital design principles to marketing.
• Make sure that the imagery or typography does not pixelated (go fuzzy) when the artwork responds to various screen sizes.
• All digital artwork needs a call to action. For example, if it is a digital banner that clicks through to another location, you need to include a button so the user knows that they need to click to find out more. Alternatively, you may wish to include a phone number of email address, so users know how to they are able to get in touch with your business.
• If you are creating a video or animation, you need to make sure it is optimised for various channels and their specifications or limitations. This includes various aspect ratios (landscape, portrait etc) and some channels have restrictions on size, duration etc. A digital designer will be able to adapt your content so it is suitable for all channels or suppliers.
The Internet is important to marketers because they can build online communities, create blogs, or post videos.
As of 2015, nearly half of the world’s population is connected to the internet with an increase of 3.4% from the previous year. This growth is expected to continue in developing countries, with an anticipated 86% of the world’s population using the internet by 2020.
If you would like to find out more or to discuss digital marketing for your business please get in touch today.
Get in touch today
If you're looking for an experienced and professional freelance Graphic Designer to complete your Digital Marketing material for your business, please get in touch today.
GET IN TOUCH >>
Would you like to discuss a project? Please fill out the form below to request a call back. Alternatively, please call 07460735737 or email email@example.com.